Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fun Times!

Not having children, I plead a little ignorance here, but as a kid-at-heart this strikes me as a fun, and educational way to spend a day. The Canadian Orgnic Growers are sponsoring an Ottawa farm tour on the August long weekend - August 5th. There are 3 farms on the tour - Aubin Farm in Spencerville, Marc & Marie Voutsinos in Oxford Mills, and Mountain Path Organics in Mountain. Check out the details here Organic Farm Tours.

And then something for adults - I thought this was fun - although the shy individual that I am (oh. . . yes, married too) it's not likely that I'll go; but if you're single and in to food Single Gourmet (http://www.singlegourmetottawa.com/) is sponsoring a Friday Night Dance on August 10th (click here for detail: Single Dance) .

And that's it. My community service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you definitely don't have kids or any idea of what they would find interesting. A sample of the incredible things on the tour: "In addition to the stone mill there are a number of interesting seed cleaning and flour sifting machines to see."

Wow! Imagine the look of complete awe on their little faces as they gaze upon the flour sifting machine!