Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hmmmm. . . Butter!!

I am going to get in trouble for this post. But I'm a male - so I'm used to it!


I was watching Iron Chef tonight and there was so much that was new. It was one of the new episodes - Michael Symon was featured in the intro themes and the producers had added sound effects to the Chairman's actions - seriously, there was a whoosh sound as the Chairman swept his arms to point at the theme ingredient. . . What? The producers figured that viewers wouldn't notice he was sweeping his arms in the direction of the theme ingredient! Wake up people - we're approaching an exciting moment . . . !

And the clock actually "ticked"! And then there was the really cheesy opening with the guest chef, Jamie Oliver - I fear Iron Chef is on the verge of the quintessential Shark Jump!

As if that wasn't enough Jeffrey Steingarten was no where to be seen replaced, apparently, by TV personality Julie Chen. On the plus side, however, we have some new guest judges. And this is where I get into trouble. The other night I was out for a few with the boys and we got talking about, what else, women! And I made a comment, about which I was much maligned, concerning my taste in women (. . . track down one of my friends and ask them if you're so curious!).

Fast forward Iron Chef America and a new judge, Alexandra Guarnaschelli. Through the course of the show she had some great reparteé. . . and. . . I thought she was hot. Ok, she's recently married. . . and pregnant. . . but that's an entirely different conversation for which, I might add, I was also maligned.

Indeed, it was a colourful night!

On my first trip to New York with The Boys last summer you may recall that we ventured in to Lupa. Sometime late into the evening Mario was seen to be holding court in the Arthurian-styled round table at the back of the restaurant - seeing Mario was a huge thing to me. So with that in the record books I figure that for our next trip to the Big Apple I'm going to make a case to head to Butter - and my friends are just going to have to enjoy the food while I look for that little bit extra!

No comments: