Monday, June 27, 2011

Our Toxic Environment

The word "toxic" has been on my brain a fair bit lately so I decided this morning to spend a little time looking at toxicity in our food - as someone said to me recently, don't try to figure me out, just go with it. I came across this story about a Burger Museum which I thought was amazing, and a little scary since I ended a night out on Thursday at a MacDonalds with one of my friends.

"The World Famous Burger Museum, inspiration for the Bionic Burger movie, reveals the true story of a man who created a burger museum after accidently leaving a Big Mac in his coat pocket for one year. His collection of burgers has lasted two decades retaining their original look and smell. What did he do to preserve them? Nothing – they are already made of immortal chemicals – “chemicals that create the illusion of food."

The video link is essentially the story of starting up this burger museum, and it's pretty cheesy. . . oh. . . sorry about that! But apparently it's true. Rather than watching the whole thing just skip to 2'30" and freak yourself out.

No comments: