Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My First Cooking Recommendation - the basis of a good Mole

I didn't want this blog to be all about recipes, particularly as I'm not a fan of using them; as we all can attest, experimentation can be way more fun. But occasionally there's a few things I'd like to share, and hopefully you will too. As I said in the Opener, nobody has died yet from my cooking; although I'll readily admit there've been a couple who've gotten mighty sick... stories to follow, but I still claim they had the flu.

So check out the recipe section (http://cwkrecipes.blogspot.com//) for a great base to a mole or a Tortilla Soup - or any number of other variations - the key is to store this in the fridge or freezer for a quick fix.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has inspired me. Not to cook, but now Latine loqui coactus sum!
Carpe Cerevisi et Bona fortuna

Anonymous said...

Now this is definitely my kind of "recipe" (for lack of a better term). As a working mom, extensive dinner preparations are not my thing...but this I can do...and will. Thanks for the great tip!

K. Scott said...

Well, a challenge. I feel like Bobby Flay... standing on chopping boards aside. It strikes me that we have a date with winefoodguy and elaurilie on July 3rd, and I can think of nothing better than a cold Tortilla Soup as a first course, as a twist on a traditional Gazpacho; but I think that requires a good wine recommendation.