
The husband of a colleague of mine has his sights set on a new power nailer... or something like that; as the antithesis of a handyman I wouldn't know a power nailer from a Langley Sprocket Wrench. He is getting a serious hard time because her father is a Carpenter and, apparently, that's a skill that is hereditary. Well I have my sights on a Bradley Smoker http://www.bradleysmoker.com/shop.htm.
Now this thing looks really cool - none of this faux-barbecue-type smoker; this looks like the real thing. I just hope that Kim doesn't give me the same type of hard time that my colleague is giving her husband... Despite what the Surgeon General says, I'd like to think that Smoking is not hereditary.
3 comments:
As the person referenced with the inheirited carpentry skills and skeptism toward the requirement of an air nailer, I am quite shocked to find myself taken with the smoker (also adding exceptionally frugal/arguably cheap to the list of things inheirited). Considering even emailing it to Nail-Boy...cool find!
Those smokers are the ones they use on Iron Chef America.
You are behind the times however on my goals. With my air nailer I would be able to build a smoker (and no not out of wood). I have however moved on and now I would like to bet a welding torch so I can build a custom bike frame. If I do get I could probably weld you up a nice smoker box also:)
I saw that the other night on Behind the Scenes of Iron Chef America... which was a fortuitous find 'cause if it's good enough for Mario, it's good enough for me... and so Kim relented. And they're cheap - a mere $400 or something.
Post a Comment