I was going to title this entry "Revenge is so Sweet". When I last left you I was reeling (OK, maybe reeling is somewhat over-dramatizing things) from a very bad food weekend.... albeit I had a great new iTunes playlist, as you'll recall. Well, this weekend was very different.
This weekend was highly experimental.... food-wise. Kim's Saturday morning suggestion to have Lobster for dinner resulted in a refreshing lobster salad (see recipes, or click on link), accompanied by a faux-pasta, Celeriac-Zucchini Spaghetti with Fresh Garden Herbs. This was actually a spin-off from a dish that I had made once before, which results in an entirely different meal.
... and Sunday evening's fare was equally successful. I settled for a rotissary-roasted Eye of Round, which I had wrapped in fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme and savory), provided with a blanket of double-smoked bacon (for those in Ottawa, you may well be familiar with Aubrey's world famous bacon). Accompanying the roast I added fresh yellow beans, garlic scape steamed in butter and a Wild Mushroom Kasha-Risotto - which was purely experimental.
Thanks must surely go to the Tour de France, which got me up early to watch Lance maintain his yellow jersey and gave me the time to create this week's addition to the iTunes playlists.
Score 1 for cooking... we're now all tied up.
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment