What is he ranting about? Come on people, wake up! Anthony Bourdain has a new show coming out and we don't get it! Nowhere. I won't start with "what the heck a celebrity chef is doing having a show on the Travel Channel" - what part of the word Chef do you not understand Anthony... but that's another story. His new show, No Reservations, starts July 25th... IN THE US.
I'm beginning to think the availability of TV series that come out on DVDs is a far more efficient way of watching your favorite programming than depending upon the corporate oligopoly that runs our TV networks. Think of it - a service that rents complete series on DVD - $10 a week for all the Desperate Housewives you can handle...; Desperate Housewives on demand - that has got to be good.
So, I'm betting that I get to watch Anthony Bourdain's new show before all of you who are waiting to see it on Canadian television; and, on my own time. TV and the cable networks are becoming irrelevant... does any want to borrow the complete season 3 of the Shield?
2 comments:
Coincidentally enough, I JUST finished Kitchen Confidential on the flight home from Heathrow last night. I gotta say, I really like Anthony Bourdain...he's crass, brutally honest, and openly enthusiastic about individuals with a penchant for debaucherous behavior...instead we'll get reruns of the Fuzzy Little Ewok spicing food up a notch with his personal Essence...gawd. Travesty indeed.
Just catching up on your blogs, K. Scott. I missed some good ones.
Kelo
Anthony Bourdain comes off as a self aggrandizing, pompous, blowhard. After reading Kitchen Confidential, I realized it fell into the “I was young and drunk/stoned and threw up” stories that you hear from people who reminisce about their “wild” years. He hints at insight, but delivers attempted titillation instead. Give me Jacques Pepin any day.
Post a Comment