So, I'm lieing in bed here in Boulder, Colorado, watching Food Network; and the first thing that comes to mind is that the Food Network in the US is much superior to Food Network Canada.... watch the recurring theme here guys about regulated TV in Canada vs the US - now, being the raving socialist that I am, I'm all for this control in Healthcare - but we have to draw the line somewhere.
But the second thing that comes to mind is.... who claps because some celebrity chef adds a clump of garlic to some sauteeing scallops for God's sakes. That is not rocket science... it does not deserve clapping... unless you're a serious under-achiever. But the Fuzzy Little Ewok (aka Emeril) clearly has some influence that the average celebrity chef lacks - or maybe it's his audience, which has a lower expectation of performance than me.
So, he dished these scallops on top of a half bun - even if I was being kind I would not call it a baguette - and then he placed the top half on top of the scallops; and he called it a scallop sandwich! That is not something I would pay $5 for - that is not celebrity chef material - not even for the Ewok.
This falls into the category of a Rant... so stay tuned for my next generation Blog, where I'll capture all of these together under the Rants & Raves.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment