Friday, July 22, 2005
Thin is Phat
Cadbury is rich. They've come out with a great new concept - a thin chocolate bar which they're marketing to people who want less calories - "satisfy your chocolate craving while maintaining a low calorie count".... Think about it - a bunch of product marketing folk sitting around a boardroom table coming up with the idea that if they make a thinner, smaller chocolate bar which, by definition, has less calories (only 100), they can market it to people who want less... at the same price - Talk about increasing your profit margin. and you know the beautiful part? It's only available in Canada!.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The sad part about that is I would probably buy them...
Very similar to my line of thinking when I buy either Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream or Hagen Daz. Not only do you get good ice cream for more money, you also get a much smaller tub.
/AC
Perhaps it's only available in Canada because they don't have such mammoth porportions (that we consider "normal") in Europe, for instance. I had a small McFlurry in London last month and it was half the size of the small I get at McD's in Canada (oh boy, now people are going to know that I like McDonalds..). A much more reasonable size when you've got a sweet craving.
Post a Comment