Saturday, April 14, 2007

Restaurant Inspired Food.... for cats!

Next time you're leafing through a magazine keep an eye open for cat food ads for Purina Fancy Feast Gourmet Cat Foods. OK, that isn't an endorsement for dinner, unless you're a cat, but some of this stuff looks pretty darn good. If I was 70 years old, on a fixed pension, I might be taking a closer look. I particularly like the "white meat chicken florentine in a delicate sauce with garden greens".... "a one-of-a-kind soufflé , delicate florentines and savoury shredded fares with exquisite ingredients and garden greens." I'm a little embarassed to say that I don't know what florentines are, and having eaten in more than a few dodgey Chinese restaurants I'm a little reticent to ask about the "savoury shredded fare", but the images can put my chicken salad to shame... and as anyone who has tried it knows, I make a mean chicken salad.

No comments: