I am a fan of Caribbean cooking. My regular dining partner thinks it's because of a special affinity that I have with the food . . . like Jerk Chicken. I'd prefer to think it's because of the complexity created by the sweet (mango), hot (green chili), and sour (lime); the range of colours; and the smells.My favorite Caribbean meal includes plantain fritters accompanied with an intense green chili and coconut milk sauce. Tonight I added to this a salsa of finely chopped tomatoes, tomatillo's, orange and yellow peppers, lime zest and mint. I also served a mango salsa that included some pequin peppers and chopped red onion; and tuna, seared with a ground pumpkin seed crust.
I would rather be eating this under a palm tree, waves hitting the beach kicking up a phosphorescent glow, a single beacon on the horizon - and the glimpse. . . just a glimpse, of a white bathing suit, one piece of course, walking confidently down the water line.
Ok, maybe it is the special affinity!
No comments:
Post a Comment