All of this to inspire last night's antipasto. It wasn't really an antipasto in the true sense because it was our main meal, but it was a terrific mix of antipasto-like samplers which went wonderfully together, accompanied by a chianti.
- - green and black olive tapenade;
- - artichoke salad;
- - lemon-garlic shrimp;
- - fennel, pecorini and salami crostini; and,
- - roasted red peppers and tomatoes
One of my favorites was the Roasted Red Peppers and Tomatoes (click on link or see My Recipes). It's one of those really simple side dishes that is great as an antipasto, tapa, or as a side dish on a main course. I'm sure I can't lay claim to inventing it but I've certainly adopted it as mine.So tonight we'll see what we can do with all of the other rustic ingrediants that I picked up in the market yesterday... then we'll leave this damn country and head somewhere else, a man can only take so much of the Tuscan pace ...
1 comment:
Given that this particular blog entry had an Italian flair, I thought I would leave the Blog Spam on the Art of Kissing, rather than deleting it. It just seemed so appropriate.
Post a Comment